Post Title: Youth Worker
Contract: 1-year fixed term – continuance of this position is dependent on funding
About Candle Community Trust
Candle Community Trust provides educational and developmental programmes for young people. We are committed to creating and delivering a comprehensive best practice service to meet the needs of young people who experience disadvantage and marginalisation. Candle aims to divert young people from offending behaviour and provide a context for the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual growth of the person. Candle is a progressive organisation that has pioneered the integration of the Trauma Recovery Model and Restorative Practices into their approach to working with young people.
This is an exciting position as the role of a youth worker in a dynamic youth service in Candle Community Trust services. The full-time youth work position role involves devoting 35hrs to the youth service, developing and delivering programmes and activities that aim to meet the needs of the young people. Candle Community Trust aims to work with young people from marginalised backgrounds that are at risk of social exclusion. It is important that the Youth Worker has the skill set and commitment to work with our target group and to support their personal/educational development. The service will be delivered in accordance with best practice and will provide a safe environment for young people.
- An *NSETS professionally recognised endorsed qualification in Youth Work or Youth and Community Work.
- Have worked with young people for two years’ full time in a youth work setting and have an equivalent professional degree level qualification within the Educational/Social Science/Youth Work or Community Work Field
Skills and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of youth work methodologies
- Knowledge of child protection legislation and associated procedures; must have up to date child protection training and/or be willing to complete child protection training in line with Candle’s Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding Statement
- Ability to engage with young people and to build and maintain a good working relationship within a professional setting.
- An ability to effectively and sensitively manage difficult situations.
- Work creatively and imaginatively with young people in non-formal, informal and formal educational and developmental contexts.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes and programme participation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Sound ethical boundaries.
- Ability to liaise effectively with appropriate agencies.
- Good report writing skills and ability to maintain records.
- A flexible and creative approach
- T. experience, expertise and competence
Garda vetting and reference checks will be undertaken before employment.
Job Description detailing further the role available:
- CV (max 3 pages), including names of 2 referees,
- Letter of Application outlining your suitability for this role.
Closing date for receipt of CV and Letter is 5.00pm 22nd February 2021.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Candle Community Trust is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.